Monday, June 11, 2007

Chris Tamborino

Chris Tamborino
7laps 2:46:47
5th
The 3rd Hour
By: Chris Tamborino
Got off to a good start in this year’s 3 Hours @ John Muir hitting the trails in around 4th or 5th out of a nice sized group of 31 or so. Typically these events have some dicing and racing on the first lap or 2 and then it spreads out and I just try to settle in and maintain till the end. Not this time. The leaders took off and set sail while I sat in a group of 3 or 4. The pace seemed a lot higher than normal for the start of a 3hr race but I didn’t want to get left behind so I tried to hang as long as I could. Well this went on for about an hour and a half. Lots of racing and passing and flying along on some really nice new trails, thanks WORBA. Got to see team mates Jeff and Aris on the course for a while, that was cool. Finally the fast pace and working through traffic started to take it’s toll and I was feeling it. I wasn’t drinking enough and the legs started to cramp a bit. More hydration and Clif Shot Bloks and I was feeling better. Finally saw the light at the end of the tunnel and rolled in 5th after 7 laps in 2:46.
Thanks to Holly for the hand ups and The Peter’s Home for Boys for their support. Also special thanks to Jeff Martz for the beer hand up afterwards, that hit the spot.

No comments: