Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Endura performs at Trans Iowa

Endura Superlite Jacket
Trans Iowa v4 wind/winter test

Originally designed as a breathable(truly) super lite rain jacket, this thing served as the perfect race worthy winter jacket as well. I complimented the jacket with a long sleeve jersey/base layer and my short sleeve EXPO jersey. With wind chill temps in the upper teens/lower 20's, this jacket was put to the "winter test". My core never got too cold and never became over heated. I kept it zipped all the way up till about 9am. The sun and tail wind asked me to zip down 3/4 worth of Endura. 5-10 minutes later - zip it right back up(head wind).

When it was time to take the jacket off closer to 11am, I crossed my fingers that I wasn't too wet. I hadn't felt wet all day, but I still had this fear that I would pay the price of using a "rain jacket" as my wind/winter jacket. The sun had been beating down for a while and I new it was time to take the jacket off. Well, I had my chase group wait close to 5minutes while I attempted to take the truly "Superlite" jacket off in 30-40mph winds. The wind was really fighting me to take my new favorite jacket away. Thanks to everyone's patience, I managed to take it off and stuff it into the teeny tiniest pocket.

I felt my chest and both arms...They were dry! The wind was sure to make any bit of moisture feel like ice. No ice for me. I was 100% comfortable and ready to ride-on. To CP 1 that is.

A rain review is sure to follow...

Endura FS260-Pro Bibshorts
Trans Iowa v4 110 mile test

Nice and wide shoulder straps. Zero saddle sore issues. Only one reapply of chamois cream in 9.5 hours. These might just be my all time favorite shorts.

Chris and Endura, The team can't thank you enough!

No comments: