Thursday, May 29, 2008

Training is almost up to speed

Yesterday was a great day on the bike(cold w/Eish wind). South side of the Brew City north to Port Washington and back. A solid 68miles it was. I hooked up with a Lake Drive regular way early into the first half. He rode with me all the way to Port. The first half was 19-24mph due to trade-off pulls. Yikes, I haven't gone that fast yet all year. When we finally rolled into Port I knew I was in for a tough solo ride home. While on the gas station pee, I put on toe covers and my spare Endura Superlite Jacket to keep away the bone chill. I was able to stay warm the rest of the way, however I wasn't able to keep up my 1st half's 20mph average. Oh well. It is these kind of rides that make you love your warm shower and bed.

Keep Press'n On

No comments: