Sunday, October 14, 2007

Beechwood Blaster is it!

I can't say enough. I arrived super early to the Beechwood Blaster. I knew a few guys, but the early morning masses were all new to me. The boys at Big Ring Racing greeted me as one of their own. I was able to help with with the big top tent as well as shoot it with Big Earl:

A true hard core. Flats n flats all out. There was not one endurance race that I did not see him at all year.



Shotgun start. WORS, I dare you. Real Fall weather. To top off the early morning festivities we were greeted by a old old old war fighter plane just as we heard a "Good Morning!". So low it gave the tree line a buzz cut. The thing was blowing smoke! Goose bumps.




Ronsta decided to go back-to-back as well as throw a second down at some Sunday CX. This guy was holding a 1minute lead at the time. Smiles all around.



Well, next year is going to be Friday and Saturday night camping at the Beechwood Blaster. I now know how MTBing is supposed to be. Time bonuses for every 8oz downed on course. Pot luck. Beer. Cider. Fire. Peeps. Bikes. Dogs w/out leashes.

I almost forgot the course. 5ish miles of single track, 1mile double, 600ft gain, 50minute laps.
Jay's land. Awesome guy. Not many guys does what he does for the sport!

2 comments:

What Do I Feel Like Riding today? said...

All I have to say is you missed a fun race at Cam-Rock. There was FREE BEER there.

EXPO Racing said...

Take it back